Tuesday, June 21, 2011

near death.

Idk, I almost died today.. near death experiences, woo.

So I just got off work and my boss and I ran straight to our cars because it started to pour on us. I was driving out of the parking lot was stopped at a red light- the wind was so bad my car was shaking, the trees were half-bent over, and the truck next to me was shaking, making me nervous. So I called up my dad and asked if there was a tornado warning- he said yes and to drive over to my friends house. (She lives about 3-4 blocks away from my work, closer than my house is). (I also later found out that the winds were 100 mph). So I got stopped by a train on my way to my friends. There was one car in front of me, and quite a few more behind. We couldn't see out our car windows  it was raining so hard. The train goes by and all of a sudden the electricity box (power box?, idk the proper name) explodes right in front of my car, made a huge BANG and BUZZ/ZAP noise, the car in front of me slammed on their breaks (as they were just staring to go because the train passed) and all the cars just sort of sat in shock for a few minutes.

So I start crying, as I guess I could have been electrocuted and died. I called my friend in tears, I was shaking so bad and even though the train lights were out, I sped across the tracks, not caring if another train was headed my way, I just wanted to get inside.

Idk, I'm still shaken up about it.. my uncle called to see if I was okay, he's a psychologist lol, I feel kind of like he thinks I went crazy because of it, but I'm alright now. I got sick when I got home because I was so nervous, but getting it out makes me feel better. I managed to drive home but not without some anxiety.. I think I'll be fine in my car tomorrow, but I likely will be anxious when I have to go to work and back for my next shift.

Hope everyone is doing well.

2 comments:

  1. awww wow that sounds pretty terrifying sweetie, i'm sure most people would be very shaken up about it. glad you're safe though lovely, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your okay xx

    ReplyDelete