Thursday, October 20, 2011

why am I so good at hiding things

I'm a psych major.. thought this was interesting.


-----Email-----
As a Masters in Mental Health Counseling grad student, I was inspired by this secret, took a risk, and told my classmates about my family history with mental illness.

I'm so glad I did, because I found out that in our class we have a student who was bulimic, one who was anorexic, a cutter, someone who struggled with separation anxiety disorder, someone who fought panic attacks, and so on.

Sharing our secrets allowed us to keep each other safe, have more insightful class discussion, and most importantly, it helped us to remember that therapists are human too.






my mom asked me if i still got my period today.

1 comment:

  1. The bit highlighted I like :) that they can trust each other like that and realise that everyone has problems - even therapists. In fact, the best therapists tend to be people who have dealt with problems in the past, because they understand it better :)

    Your mum only said that because you've gotten waaaay too skinny and she cares :( take care, I will reply to your email in a bit :) xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete