Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Jingle bells, homework smells.

(Lily, I know you will be proud of this one)

I sort of, inadvertently, requested less hours at work. I was talking to a friend who I work with, telling her how I was so stressed over homework and working 30 hours a week, and my boss overheard our conversation. So she asked me if I was behind in school and I said, not yet, but that I always have a lot of work to do. And so this past Monday I looked at my schedule for next week and it was perfect. She cut my hours by 13 (did I really do math that fast?) lol.. so I work only 17 hours next week. I cried I was so happy.. I was partly happy because I didn't exactly ask for less hours.. they were just given to me.. haha.. I wish I wasn't so stubborn, but at least things worked out this time.

AND I basically pressured a girl at work to sub for me this Sunday so I can go to my cousins 2nd birthday party. I always sub for this girl whenever she asks me to, literally, I think I said no once and I worked for her probably 6 times.. and whenever I ask her, it's always a no. So this time I text her and was like, "So, I'm asking you first because I always work for you, so can you work for me this Sunday..." and she was like, "Well, I guess so, but I work early Monday morning." And I just said THANKS SO MUCH! and she said no problem. lol. I can be an assertive bitch sometimes but I think this chick deserved it. She owed me one.

This week has been a challenge though. Well, not so much this week as to these past 2 months, lol. But really, since Tuesday I've been awfully stressed out. I have SO much work due tomorrow, and only got 2 things done. I have a World Religions test which is 25% of my grade, and I've been sitting in my basement for an hour not being able to study.. I did other homework, but not that.. and I also have a human development quiz tomorrow, but those are always easy so I didn't study yet for that either.. and it's 10:45 pm. Oops.

I had these weird stomach cramps today. I asked one of my bosses at work for Tylenol, and she gave me instead a painkiller that she was prescribed. It's a light painkiller, nothing but a little bit stronger than an average dose of Tylenol.. but my stomach still hurt when I got home so I popped 3 Tylenol.. it's safe to say that I felt completely numb and loopy and sleepy.. I couldn't get myself to start working until it wore off..

My scab finally fell off from when I cut myself last week.. it was a pretty thick cut, and I wasn't able to work out because I couldn't wear shorts.. now at least it's much less noticeable, although still red.

I really need to go study.. but I can't bring myself to give a shit anymore. I just want to sleep and for tomorrow to be over.

1 comment:

  1. Ah I am proud! :D so proud! Firstly for less hours and then secondly for the quick maths ;) that's good they all worked out! :D

    And thats good you get Sunday off :) I hope you have a nice time at your cousins birthday party :) that's unfair she usually says no to you but at least it worked out this time :)

    Sorry you've still got so much work, hopefully those 13 hours can really help you to work or sleep more so you can concentrate better :) it's no wonder you're so stressed with all this work and homework :(

    Sorry your stomach hurts :/ and really sorry you cut because you do not deserve that at all :( love you lots sweetie and thank you for your comments on my blog lately :) it really means a lot :) xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete