Saturday, October 22, 2011

a week in the life..

Sunday: Work 6:00-11:00
-I was supposed to have the day off tomorrow, but I'm covering for a friend because she's stressed, lol. Join the club sweetheart. I'll be able to run/workout.. Hopefully I can get 3 miles in. My mom wants to go to the pumpkin patch or something. I get to sleep in though. Sunday (tomorrow) is a mini-floor set at work, so I won't have to deal with customers.. but I don't believe any of my friends are scheduled, but I like everyone at work fine.

Monday: Work 12:00-4:00
-Short day. I'll go to work and be able to workout again today. And finally get a chance to do my homework, as I've worked all this past weekend and haven't had time to start.

Tuesday: School 11:00-6:00
-School starts at 11, but I have to wake up at 9. I get home around 6:15 and do homework or nap/aka hide out in the basement. I take advantage of one of my two days off work for the week. I have to remember to feed my dog, lol.

Wednesday: Work 12:00-9:00
-Long day. At least I can sleep in a bit.. if I can sleep. No time for homework today, so it looks like I'll have to do it Tuesday. Today I'll try and eat a good lunch. Maybe some oatmeal and yogurt.. or a nice piece of fruit.. as I've been slacking in the eating department lately, mainly because of work. I do enjoy breakfast (lunch, really), but it's hard for me to eat anything before 12:30.. my stomach just isn't ready or willing to handle food that early, and I'm usually either still sleeping or already awake and at work or school and am not able to eat. But since I start at 12 today, maybe I can manage to make some oatmeal for myself before I start work. That'll be my goal today.

Thursday: School 11:00-6:00
-My second day off work for the week. My speech in speech class is today. Nervous just thinking about it, lol. I'm doing, "How to sell lotions at Bath and Body Works." Should be easy, since I work there, lol, just might be boring for the class, oh well. Also, I have a human development quiz today and revisions for my world religions class is due today and I have my English assignment due today. Shit. Mental note to study on Tuesday for these and to start on my English assignment on Sunday, OR I can use a homework pass. I just remembered my homework pass! Maybe I'll use it, as this is the third and final homework she's collecting and I've yet to use my pass. Rambling, oops.

Friday: Work 9:45-5:45
-Shift I hate the most. I'm awful at waking up, once I fall asleep, I'm out. I hate opening, but I like it more than closing, so I won't complain. I better be working with someone good. I'll get home too tired to do homework or workout, as I'll have been on my feet for 8 hours with probably no food and only coffee. Today I'll most likely go to eat with my family or my best friend, as it looks like I won't have time for either of them this week.

Saturday: Work 1:00 to 5:45.... work 7:00-11:00.
-Today I'll have 2 shifts. Lucky me. I'll get to sleep in (big plus side for me, I'm a great sleeper lately).. I'll head over for my first shift. It's another floor set at work, day 1 of a two day floor set, hence being scheduled so late.. and twice. I was only supposed to be scheduled 1-5:45, but then my manager got mail from corporate saying that we could start the floor set today so we don't stay so long Sunday.. so she asked if I could work at 7-11, and I said okay as long as I get an hour break.. she happily agreed.

Sunday : Work 6:15-12:00
-Day 2 of floor set. Most of the actual floor moves will be done today for my store, since we're only doing the windows on Saturday. I'll run/workout today and do all of my homework. (Well, maybe do my homework. I'll have to see my Monday schedule).



From Sunday to Sunday, total work hours is 41, give or take a few fifteen minutes that I rounded up or down.. also, give or take a few hours, because when I have closing shifts, we tend to get out at 8:30 instead of 9 (unless it's a floor set)

My "stressed" co-worker who I am working for tomorrow works 7 hours from Sunday to Sunday. If she read this, I think she'd get some perspective about how little stress she has in her life. I guess I should be happy for the money, but I honestly don't need any. My parents give me money for whatever I want, really, and I just spend mine on coffee or treats for people at work, and clothes, and I save the rest.

Not going to be a good week. Not going to be a happy/talkative week.

I worked 7 hours today. Watched 2 movies when I got home.. Hocus Pocus and Beetlejuice. I love those movies. Corpse Bride and Nightmare Before Christmas are on tomorrow (Sunday). My favorites... something to look forward too, I suppose.

I do have some goals for this week, besides living through work, lol. Finish another book. I have a pile going of like, 7 I started and need to finish. I do this a lot, but usually with only 3 or 4 books at a time. I finished one two nights ago, and I want to finish another this week.

I hope you all are doing lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment