Sunday, December 4, 2011

Reach for the Light

Deep into the far lit night,
I look for everlasting light.
They say it glows as bright as the Sun
but my burning thoughts just begun.
I can tell this life just is not right for me,
only darkness as far as I can see.
My words cannot express this deep regret
that all your needs were just not met.
I cannot hold on to nothing anymore,
My soul is charging out the door.
Chase me with your breath, you might
but you won't catch me turning back to fight.
For all it's worth, I saw the glow at last,
but deaths shadow has too soon been cast.
The end of me has finally come,
this life battle simply cannot be won.
Just as long as you can finally see,
what your words have done to me.
Funny how it takes death to open someones eyes,
to see how her life added up to her size.



(I wrote this poem/lyrics roughly to the song Winter Song by Sara Bareilles and Ingred MIchaelson.. that's the beat it goes to).

No comments:

Post a Comment